Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Pack yer bags!

I'm going home for Thanksgiving! The flight credit that has been burning a hole in my pocket has been put to good use. Unfortunately, Southwest does not fly into Beaumont (and certainly not into Orange) so my folks will drive all the way to Houston to pick me up because they love me so much.

Things I am looking forward to about the trip:
current events catch-up with Dad
cooking with Mom
sleeping in the greatest bed ever in my old room
going to my home church
surprising a friend or two in town (no more than two. i only HAD two.)
helping with some hurricane clean-up left to do
sitting around in my jammies (except when i'm at church, i guess)

By the way, I talked to Jeremiah Jackson tonight and put in a request for Beaumont and Abilene to be the next Southwest cities added to the route. He said he'd get right on it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Now, the more important question. Should "Pack yer bags" read, "Pack yer freakin' cool blue hibiscus bags?"

5:08 PM  
Blogger laura g said...

Yes, yes!! When I flew out of Abilene on my out-of-the-way home from Hawaii this summer, the flight was delayed so long that I had to cancel that flight. When I told the guy at the desk that I needed my luggage back (which had already been loaded into the plane) he said, "I remember where I put it. Who could forget that stuff?"

8:01 PM  
Blogger Cole said...

Laura, God doesn't care if you wear jammies in church.

That's really funny about your baggage at the airport!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home