Monday, February 11, 2008

Lafayette, TN

My uncle David, aunt Linda, and cousin Matt were home in Lafayette (Macon Co) when the tornadoes came through on Tuesday night. Considering the interior damage, I can't believe they got out with only scratches.


front of cabin, sinking to the right


shifted off foundation to the right - the corner used to be at the red water pump on the left


where the fireplace used to be




this room used to be under the cabin


looking in through the front door


living room, minus the fireplace

back porch and the beams it used to sit on

and the outside kitty, still hanging out at the cabin.



5 Comments:

Blogger Cole said...

That kitty is like "Wind? What wind? I think I must have slept through it. Where's my tuna?"

But that is terrible, Laura, about the cabin. Yikes.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Laura,

So glad your family made it out safely.

8:01 AM  
Blogger karen said...

WOW! I can't believe they weren't hurt more seriously. A group from church went up there last weekend and said the destruction was just tragic. I hope you and your house held up okay. Thankfully, it wasn't that bad here. I stayed "under cover" all night...by which I mean, I was under the covers in my bed sleeping through everything.

5:12 PM  
Blogger e. l. wood said...

yikes! brings back katrina memories. send along our well wishes from mississippi.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

oh my goodness...i know this is a late comment but man, that's incredible...the cat pic is perfect..isn't it just like a cat to lay there as if to say..what's everyone so upset about?

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home