Tuesday, July 10, 2007

when it comes down to it



I agree. A person has no duty to retreat from an intruder before using deadly force. I should get to assume the intruder is armed and dangerous instead of having to assume he had a rough childhood and could be talked out of hurting me. I shouldn't have to retreat - I have a fenced yard, locked doors, and a dog. Oh yeah, and the laws against his behavior. Those should be the only warnings I have to give an intruder before it is fair to shoot him.

And clearly, this lawmaker agrees, even though he didn't vote as such.


3 Comments:

Blogger e. l. wood said...

ditto, dirty harriette

5:46 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

that is a crazy coincidence..

man, i am such a non-violent person but as soon as I had my first baby I realized I could shoot somebody out of every having children again if they messed with my children.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Cole said...

Ha! You drew a response from E-man! I know you've never met, but you'd like each other.

Right on, LG. I find it UNSURPRISING that a Democrat acts counter to what he votes. It shows that he votes to woo constituents instead of to obey conscience.

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home