Friday, November 18, 2005

what if

i am one month shy of having lived in nashville for one year. i have been in quite a reflective mood lately, and partly i have been thinking about my decision to move out of abilene. wondering what my life would look like if i had moved to another city or if i hadn't even moved at all.

recently i had a conversation with a friend who was pondering several questions about his own future, which wandered into questions about mine. i was thinking about all the things that are up in the air for me that i would love to have settled and how its complicated because many of those things are intertwined, of course. what i kept coming back to was that i am confident i made the smart career choice by moving to nashville. after that, who knows. i have done what i came here to do - find a job in my field that causes me more joy than stress - and so i am happy about that.

i wonder which question will be answered next.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cole said...

well, I'm not a bit happy that you moved and I don't care what reasons you have.

Actually, getting up to go to a job you love every morning is invaluable. Abilene misses you, though.

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2:14 AM  
Blogger laura g said...

cole, do you hate me so much?

i miss abilene, too.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I LOVE the first sentence of the second paragraph. I can just hear George Costanza yelling, "Hey, how did we get back on you - we were talking about me!"

I know what you mean though - I have wondered the same about the many moves, career choices, relationships, EVERYTHING, and whether I am the same man I would have been otherwise...better, or worse?

Ahhh, there we go, now we're talking about ME ;-)

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wwwwooohooooo IDAHO!!!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home