Tuesday, January 30, 2007

the best, jerry. the BEST!


Every time I have ever tried to make banana bread according to any recipe, it has always ended up burned on top and doughy in the center. Every single time. I had given up.

But I accidentally let 3 bananas get too ripe last week and I couldn't bear to toss them out. So I tried a recipe in my new church cookbook and, figuring it would fail anyway, decided to make a few modifications for taste... like making the sugar half white and half brown, and adding cranberries.

I am happy to report that it was PERFECT. And if any of you people would ever COME TO NASHVILLE, you could have a slice.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cole said...

Yeah, keep eating. The whole loaf. We'll see you on the tennis courts.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have a bite of yours. I just threw away 2 over-ripe bananas this week :(

4:16 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Yummy! That sounds like a great plan: go to Nashville, hang out with Laura, and eat banana bread. I'm in!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

magnifique....

7:14 PM  
Blogger laura g said...

anytime, kids!

jj, its no blueberry biscuits, but it'll do.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

ummm...what are those red things...?

7:21 AM  
Blogger laura g said...

cranberries!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home