Thursday, December 01, 2005

RLS

So tonight I saw a commercial advertising the cutting-edge medication for Restless Leg Syndrome, "a surprisingly common but serious condition." Translation: if a slight tingly feeling in your leg keeps you awake at night every once in a while, you should rush right out and pay big bucks for this drug which won't be covered by your insurance and will most certainly be recalled from the market in three years when we finish our research and discover it causes liver failure.

Now, I am sure that one of my faithful four readers actually suffers from RLS and will explain to me the legitimacy of the condition and the necessity of the medication. Fine. But I'm telling you now, I laughed out loud at the commercial. I felt like I was watching Saturday Night Live.

7 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

"She's got the 'jimmy-legs'"

1:02 AM  
Blogger Cole said...

Scott stole my response. Summer beach.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

SWEET LEILANI FLORIST!!!

10:50 AM  
Blogger laura g said...

you guys are so much fun.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

My sister-in-law actually has this condition. It keeps her up at night. It keeps my brother up at night. Neither of them get much sleep. Although they haven't succumbed to sleeping in separate beds yet (hard to do after 25 years of marriage, I'm sure), they did buy a new bed because of it (they had a waterbed before) and she is taking sleeping pills. It sounds like a funny, not-so-serious condition, but it has affected my brother and wife fairly bad.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Cole said...

Scott, I said "Sweet Leleaini Florist!" in Grammar class last week and I thought Katie was going to have to excuse herself. She laughed until her face was beet red. I love to do that to her.

Sorry, Plankton. I am sure it's serious to those who suffer.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my leg shakes all the time. does that count?

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home