Tuesday, May 30, 2006

it's not easy being green*





this is my freshly-painted bedroom wall. i started with the top right corner rectangle. when i finished it, i stepped back and thought, "kermit... the... frog... here." not that there's anything wrong with looking like kermit the frog (or being kermit the frog), but it was a tad brighter than i intended for my wall. the other colors toned it down though, and i like it.

the bathroom is a regal dark purple, but it's not finished yet.

there'll be a little red in the dining room. cherries, you know.

it was a long weekend well spent.

*if this doesn't win post of the week with scott, then i quit. i mean, i painted a WALL kermit the frog green.

6 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

I love it!!! Good job!!! man..you got your squared straight, that is impressive!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Man, you are TOTALLY the designer du jour. Way to go.

And yes, I'm quite touched that Kermit is represented ... just not sure whether it is necessarily appropriate that I am represented in your bedroom, but I digress...

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FABULOUS, my dear. My bedroom is green too...it's a calming color. And, of course, I almost bought those same tab curtains a few years back when I painted it!

2:26 PM  
Blogger laura g said...

thanks, beverly! i measured everything twice. i was just sure i would screw it up since no one else was around to eye it with me. for a small fee (approximately the cost of a ticket to abilene) i'd paint your house too.

scott, you can't fool me that you are suddenly concerned with "appropriate." :)

k, "you and me, well, we're the same person." i have some extra panels of those curtains in case you need them anytime soon. ;)

renae, thanks! i like browns too. since my bedroom is kermit the frog green, i am paiting a little bit of my living room snuffleupagus brown in keeping with the sesame street theme. it is probably best that i dont get to watch HGTV because then all i would do is decorate.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Flake said...

That is really cool looking...

1:03 PM  
Blogger laura g said...

thanks, 04!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home