Tuesday, July 18, 2006

happy birthday to me

I managed to have four birthday celebrations this year, none of which were actually on the 10th, but I'm not one to look a chocolate cake-baking gift horse in the mouth.

This is my friend Darrell's famous chocolate cake with chocolate gravy. And look at the presentation with the ice cream and all. Yes, I ate every bite.


Momma made a pineapple upside-down cake in Gatlinburg for me (and sis). But in keeping with family tradition, no birthday pictures have been taken of us since age four, so you'll just have to use your imagination.

I also had a fabulous bday dinner and dessert at Calhoun's with the fam, and a fabulous bday dinner with a buddy when I got home. Does this mean I get four wishes this year?

On my actual birthday, I hiked to Grotto Falls in the morning then drove home to Nashville.

Where was I last year on my birthday, you ask? On my way to Scott's doorstep to begin the greatest three weeks of my life. Thought about ya this year, Scott.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cole said...

I want the blog world to know: I am a selfish heel. Laura Gore is my sweet good friend and I forgot her birthday. Bad, Bad, Bad Cole.

9:48 AM  
Blogger laura g said...

it's okay, cole. i'll only hold the grudge for 354 more days until you can make up for it.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Oh my, happy belated b-day, Laura! BTW, you and your family sound like the greatest--I wish I could come be your friends in person :)

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home