Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm it.

Once upon a time, about a hundred years ago, Laurie kindly booktagged me. I don't have good answers for all of them, so here goes with the ones that prompted a thought...

One book that changed my life: Growing Up Empty by Loretta Schwartz-Nobel. It was an important step in the process that led me to my current job. People who think hunger only exists for uneducated lazy poor folks from the south are mistaken. This book gives a glimpse into several lives that belong to our own neighbors at this very moment.

One book I have read more than once: My criminal justice textbook from college. I know. Had I taken that course earlier in the process, I would have minored in it. I am, indeed, Law & Order's target audience.

One book I would want on a deserted island: Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein. All those characters and rhymes should keep my mind occupied for a bit. Plus, it would seem appropriate to read a book with a title that described where I was stuck.

One book that made me laugh: I ran across a children's book recently about a family of peas. The parent peas are trying to teach the kid pea that she must eat all of her dessert first so that she can have her vegetables, which is what she really wants the most. Very cute, but I can't remember the title or author.

One book that made me cry: Masters of Chaos by Linda Robinson. As enthralled as I am with it, I put it down a while back and have neglected to pick it back up. I have GOT to get back to it.

One book I wish I had written: Hmm, I could write a book about workplace dysfunction... (not my current job!)

One book I am currently reading: No books at the moment because I am busy making greeting cards. Handmade Christmas card orders, anyone? (Seriously.)

One book I have been wanting to read: The Question of God by Armand Nicholi. I have it. It's next. Right after I finish Masters of Chaos.

One children's book I recommend: Any of the Hairy McClary books by Lynley Dodd. Big fun, and lines you don't mind bouncing around in your head all day. "out of the gate and off for a walk..."

One book character I'd like to have lunch with: Matilda. Ever since my Dad read that book aloud to me at night when I was a kid, I have wanted to tell Matilda that I was sorry she was treated so poorly by her parents and at school. Seriously, I used to get teary for her.

The End.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Thanks for playing, Laura! It is fun to read your selections. Have you read Silverstein's The Missing Piece? That's a desert island book, too.

Your card making sounds so fun. I love to make cards, too, but haven't done so in a while. I am not that good at it, but I get a creative urge every so often. Very cool that you are taking orders--

Okay, I am off to find the family of peas. Sounds great.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home