Monday, October 23, 2006

Erinshirrrrrrrrrrrre


This weekend I successfully surprised the Abilene crew by breezing into town for Erinshire Folk Festival. When I sent out an email to some college buddies who all live in the Dallas area, seeking a ride to Abilene from the DFW airport, Zach and Melissa hopped on it and dropped me off on their way farther west. Big thanks to them for the outstanding shuttle service. I mean, they had lunch in the car for me when they picked me up!

Erinshire was great - complete with perfect weather, a lack of mosquito-plague, well-done music (especially between 10:15pm and 11:15pm), lots of laughs, a neon green t-shirt, and yes, the opportunity to buy chicken-on-a-stick.

Abilene has much significance for me. Ten years of ACU Leadership Camps before college, three and a half years in college, two years after college... lots of laughs and tears and "character-building" opportunities... and people that I love. I could have spent weeks there, visiting all the places and people that mean something to me.

I love Nashville but I sure do miss Abilene (so much). It was good to see you guys.

6 Comments:

Blogger happytheman said...

I love your sign. I miss teaching at ACU leadership camps.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Laura!! I missed that freakin music festival again and to think I could have met the infamous Laura!!!

8:31 PM  
Blogger janet said...

so is there really a keep abilene boring shirt?!!!! and i donĀ“t own one???

12:52 PM  
Blogger laura g said...

happy - what years did you teach?

beverly - think waaaaay back in the A Singular Journey class days and you might remember me. ask cole, ed, & jenni. you and i didn't overlap for real long, though. anywho, next year it is!

janet - it's true. i heard about the shirt, laughed that it was perfect, and skipped some of Erinshire to go get one at the new coffee shop downtown. they have them in any color you could ever want. just think, you and your fellow-Aggie-cap-wearer could also match t-shirts.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

dangit, Laura, I know you?...how embarrassing!!

1:58 PM  
Blogger The Future said...

Glad to be of service!!

Just saw the juice 2 weekends in a row! Booyah, grandma, booyah.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home